Monday, May 7, 2012

Bitter Chocolate Meringue Tart

Oh. My. Gosh.

So. Much. Chocolate.....

Can you guess I liked this tart?

I made it to take to a friends for a coffee afternoon with girlfriends. In hindsight, I should have made it the night before as it wasn't completely set when I got there and I had to pop it in the fridge for a while, but if I've done that I know it would've gotten there in once piece (Hubby likes chocolate even more than I do). 

It was a simple dish to make and if I made it again I'd use regular milk chocolate instead of dark as the dark chocolate made it intensely rich. I was ecstatic that the meringue top worked!! I'm so good at making meringue flops that when it worked and was all nice and light and fluffy, I thought that was the best part! And it made the dense chocolate tart less full on, adding that little bit of lightness to it.


It was supposed to be made in a round tin, but I don't have one. I didn't have to adjust the measurements for my rectangle tin though.

Decadence....



No comments:

Post a Comment