Thursday, May 12, 2011

Roast Pumpkin and Garlic Soup

I grew up with my Dad's Pumpkin Soup and his Apple and Rhubarb stew. I will say that absolutely nothing beats Dad's pumpkin soup....mainly because I'm not the one cooking!

When I was pregnant I routinely made myself roast pumpkin soup for my work lunch. I'd cook up a big batch on Sunday and eat it throughout the week. I made so much soup I got sick of it. I could not physically eat any more pumpkin soup.

My son is now 18 months old and as the weather cools Pumpkin soup seems more and more appealing. I realised the other day that I haven't had any since my pregnancy, so a warming lunch time soup and buttered toast will hit the spot.

The difference is the honey and cream. So. Much. Cream. Roasting the Pumpkin with honey really brought out the sweetness in the vegetable, but next time I'll definitely use less. (I didn't exactly measure.....) After blitzing it, you add some cream. Then more cream. Then sour cream.

So much cream. I suppose that gives it the....uh...creaminess. It's a very smooth soup and easy to enjoy. And freeze for lunch the next day.


More garlic and less honey and I'll be in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment