Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Coconut Cake

Last month both Hubby and I celebrate our birthdays, with Hubby's coming first. Instead of the usual chocolate cake, I thought I'd do something different and made this coconut cake instead. I called out for a Bundt tin on the local Buy, Swap & Sell and was lucky enough someone had one in their camping gear that they no longer wanted!

I love the cake. Nice and fragrant with coconut, but not overpowering. It was a little lighter than I expected, but I substituted the milk for the leftover buttermilk I had in the fridge, so that might be why. I also used wholemeal self-raising flour instead of white flour, supposed to be healthier. Hey, I won't argue...



We light the candles a few times so Noah can have a go at blowing them out as well. He wants candles on every cake we have at home! Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's exasperating.




 A lovely change for a Birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment