Sunday, June 3, 2012

Crispy Southern Fried Chicken

Living out in the middle of nowhere, there's not a lot of option to get take-away food.

Next best option? Make it yourself!

Taking these out of the oven after they'd finished cooking, if you closed your eyes it smelled like KFC. Without the greasy aftertaste. Yes, they are initially fried to get the crispy texture to the coating, but then completely cooked in the oven.

I loved using buttermilk with them and think it made a big difference to how light they tasted. If I'd just used regular milk, I can understand that they'd feel a lot 'heavier'. I've never used Onion or Celery Salt in cooking before either. Might have to start experimenting....

I made burgers from this meal and they were awesome! Just with toasted bread, a little salad, mayo and the coated chicken = win!


No comments:

Post a Comment