Friday, March 15, 2013

Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce


Would you believe that this is the first time I have ever cooked and eaten a Salmon steak? No kidding. And I love fish, just wasn't all that turned on by Salmon before...but now I love it!

I've seen enough salmon cooked to know that they're best done a little under, which is what I aimed for. Personally I think I got it just right. Was so excited to tuck into this beautiful piece of fish once I'd cooked it. I even ate it all!!

I had a problem with the lemon cream sauce though. I followed the recipe to a tee (cook stock over a high heat, stirring for 1 min. Add lemon juice and cream and cook for 3 min or till thickened slightly) and the cream would separate. Three times. In the end I was a bit frustrated at it not working and the fish was cooling too much so I heated some cream and added lemon zest and juice (a little at a time to prevent separating), salt and pepper and that tasted great.

If anyone can tell me how to make it as above without it separating, I'm open to suggestions.

Other than that, it was a lovely dish. Since then I've bought more salmon and eaten it once a week. Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment