Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cook Book Challenge

So in my 101 Things in 1001 Days I've set myself a challenge to cook every recipe out of one cookbook. I loved this challenge when I saw it in the movie 'Julie and Julia' and think it's a great idea. AND, I'm giving myself longer than her 365 days to cook them, so it's got to be at least a bit achievable....right?

The only dilemma is....which cookbook do I use?? I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver, but half the things he uses are unavailable in Australia and there's no way I'm eating Black Pudding. So, after going through some of my books, I've decided to use Donna Hay's 'Seasons'.


I love that she's an Aussie, so her recipes use products that I'm more able to buy (even out in whoop-whoop, where I live) and I LOVE seasonal food. Pumpkin Soup in winter, Peach and Pear Salads in summer.

Her recipes are easy to follow and yummy to eat, and that's the main thing!!

So that's 194 recipes in 1001 days. That can be done.

Oh, and no, I won't be posting the recipes from this book step by step. I'll be cooking my interpretation of them. I completely respect Donna Hay and her team and won't rip them off. If you like what you read, go out and buy the book for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment