Monday, August 6, 2012

Maple Pear Tarte Tatin

What comes with living in a small town in Central Queensland, I couldn't get any maple syrup. So I used what I had and made it with Golden Syrup instead. Still just as good, in my humble opinion.

The only tarte tatin I've made previously was a savoury one so I've been looking forward to trying out this popular dessert. Pears are so beautiful at the moment, so I'm trying to make all the lovely pear dishes throughout the book. I'm pretty sure I've only got one left to go...

After making the simple sugar and syrup glaze, I added my sliced pear and let them cook for a little while in the sauce pan. I don't have a few small pans that go from stove top to oven, so when the pear was done I transferred them to two small pie dishes. I couldn't get a block of puff pastry to roll out, instead I made it thick by using two layers of already rolled puff on the top of the pastry, finally brushing them in some leftover egg yolk that I had from a previous recipe.

Bake until golden.


It was so good and so so simple, I think these might become a staple in this house. Keeping my eye out for Maple Syrup too....


No comments:

Post a Comment