Friday, August 10, 2012

Pumpkin Pies

This is the first recipe out of this book that I ever cooked, before it was even in this book! I made it straight from the Donna Hay magazine as I've always wanted to try it, so I thought the best way to try something is to make it.

It took me aaaaaages. I had barely worked with pastry before and was very fiddly with it, trying to finesse the edging and make it as smooth as possible. I like the instructions to 'place on a baking tray THEN pour in the pumpkin mixture' before baking. Best instructions ever, as I couldn't imagine trying to handle it when ready to be cooked. Just my luck I'd trip.

I loved the taste, the natural sweetness from the butternut pumpkin accentuated by the maple syrup. It's no wonder it's such a popular pie, in America. It should be more popular here. Just so I can eat more of it.


Excuse the dodgy photo, it was take quite a few years ago....

Also, I clearly remember taking some over to my family and them asking me, Do you eat it for dinner, or dessert? Maybe I should have told them it was a Pumpkin Tart or something a bit more sweet sounding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment