Thursday, October 25, 2012

Caprese Salad

I love salad.

I don't think this is a new revelation for me, but I'm just confirming it. With all these salads. Yes, I love salad. I love being able to eat a whole plate laden with food and not feel like I need to undo a button somewhere. I love how easy and incredibly tasteful salads are. And I love learning new salads.

Caprese Salad. Four main ingredients. A simple, simple dressing. 

I'm in heavan.

Bake a beautiful vine-ripened tomato that's been lovingly wrapped in prosciutto and seasoned in the oven till the prosciutto is nice and crispy. 

Arrange the Bocconcini (in place of Buffalo Mozzarella that isn't available here) and Basil leaves on the plate.

Dress with Olive Oil, White Wine vinegar and good 'ol S&P.

Tease everyone on Facebook with your lunch.


  

Add the now cooked Tomato. 

Photograph. Then dive in. 

The only criticism I have with this recipe is that it fails to state at the end 'you'll need a great big piece of toasted sourdough to soak up all the juices left from the tomato. They'll taste awesome. You might lick the plate clean.'

Seriously. Plate-lickable. I think I just made a new food term....



No comments:

Post a Comment