Sunday, October 14, 2012

Greek Salad and Baked Haloumi

I love the warmer weather and the light salads it brings. A friend over for lunch so I decided to make Donna's Greek Salad and the Baked Haloumi wrapped in Vine Leaves (that I pinched from my last house before we moved!)

I loved the Greek salad but was a little concerned about how the Feta would go, as the recipe states for it to be fried.

It didn't fry. It just melted.

In hindsight, a lower heat for a longer time would probably work better. But, melted or not, it still tasted great. Especially teamed with the simple dressing, red wine vinegar and extra-virign olive oil.

 As I had the vine leaves hanging out in my fridge, I decided to make the Haloumi dish as well.

I love Haloumi. I love love love Hamoumi. Now, especially when it's been smothered in oil, garlic and oregano, wrapped in a vine leaf and baked. The richness of the garlic and oregano permeated the cheese and just made it heavenly. Yummmmm...



Go try it yourself. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Haloumi too but only ever grilled it. Can't wait to try this. My vines have just started to sprout leaves so it might be a little while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally found some vine leaves ;-). All sound yum.

    ReplyDelete