Thursday, October 18, 2012

Orange and Almond Fingers

The other afternoon I found that the kids and I had some time spare before the bath/dinner/bed routine and I've been craving sweets. I was lucky enough to have most of the ingredients (Hubby had to grab some eggs on his way home!) on hand so decided to make these and if they turned out, take them to Playgroup the next day.

For some reason I expected this recipe to have more of a biscuit texture but they're really cake-like. Which isn't a bad thing at all, just from the photos I thought they'd be a biscuit. The orange took quite a bit longer then 20 min boiling to become soft enough for me to put through the processor. I also substituted the flour for gluten free flour, but that doesn't make a difference to the end product.

I really enjoyed these fingers. They were great to cut up small and keep in the fridge for a sweet snack with a cuppa tea in the afternoon. In-fact, I had to quickly photograph them before I gobbled them all up!!



No comments:

Post a Comment