Friday, January 18, 2013

Yoghurt and Passionfruit Syrup Cake

The thing I really liked about this cake was that it's made from things I generally already have in the kitchen. I love yoghurt in baking and how light it makes the final product, so was eager to try this cake out.

Loved it. And I really like that it can act as a base for a lot of different flavours. Like the passionfruit syrup.

In all honesty, I'm not a big fan of passionfruit (don't shoot me!). It makes my eyes cringe and my face squint up like I'm sucking on a lemon. I did make the syrup and was pleased with how the sweetness removed the cringe-factor from the fruit, but it made me think of other possibilities for this cake. A strawberry or raspberry syrup, even a mango one would work well.

Or if you're going to be completely indulgent, a chocolate syrup. With a little hazelnut liquor. Mmmm....

Sorry, no photo. I was too slack that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment