Monday, January 28, 2013

Berry Cupcakes

Who doesn't like a cupcake? You could be a massive hard-ass grown bull of a man, and I'd bet you'd still like a cupcake.

Especially these ones.

The batter I found to be a bit plain, but a great base for flavour. The berries mixed in (I used frozen berries even though the recipe calls for fresh berries to be pushed into the top. Not spending $8 on a punnet of raspberries out here!) made the world of difference. As mine were frozen, I found I had to cook it for a little longer, but still got a great end result.

The best part about these cupcakes was the icing on the cake - or so to speak. Thick cream mixed with crushed berries (I used fresh blueberries) and meringue just worked so so well. The sweetness of the berry complimented by the smooth cream and the crunch of the meringue.

So perfect I gave some to our neighbor who'd told me our dogs had escaped earlier that day. After a mad rush around I found them safe, thankfully!


No comments:

Post a Comment