Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Honey Cream Sponge Cake

Ok, so another thing that I can't cook apparently is Sponge Cake.

I followed the recipe. Sifted the (gluten free - maybe that made a difference??) flour over and over and over again. Then again into the beaten egg and sugar mixture.

Then folded the flour in. I think that maybe my folding wasn't gentle enough and too much air got out of those lovely beaten eggs. I noticed that it was a lot thinner then I expected when pouring it into the cake tins to cook.

I loved the honey and vanilla syrup poured over the top of the cooked sponge though. As it dried it set a little hard and gave the cake some extra texture.

The cake along with the lashings and lashings of cream just marry together perfectly. It would've been better if the sponge rose more and was a lighter cake, but it still went down well just the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment