Monday, February 25, 2013

Spinach and Feta Pies

I'm a big fan of the spinach and feta combo. It always makes me feel like I'm eating something really healthy and I'm not bloated and super full afterwards. I've been thinking about making these pies for a little while now so finally remembered to buy some filo at my last shop and made them last week.

So so so so easy. Mixing together some spinach, feta, an egg and some orange rind (recipe calls for lemon rind but I only had an orange and I figured it'd still give that zesty fresh feel) with some mint in a bowl. Brush three sheets of filo with melted butter and layer them together. Cut to the size of the small tart tin, insert the filo, fill with the spinach mix, brush with a beaten egg and bake till golden.

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment