Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chilli Beef and Snake Bean Stir-fry


If I'll be honest, I've been hesitant to make the 'chilli' dishes so far. While I love how chilli can transform a dish, the heat doesn't necessarily agree with me. Or my taste buds. And I like to be able to enjoy what I eat, not have my head blown off. 

So when this recipe called for 'Chilli Bean Paste' I substituted for Black Bean sauce and a finely diced and deseeded long red chilli. I marinated the beef in the sauce and chilli for a little while before cooking them on my grill pan. Once the meat was out and resting I then quickly cooked the garlic slivers and beans in a little more sauce. 

Both Hubby and I really enjoyed this dinner. There was no heat from the chilli and it was so easy and tasty, this would make a great BBQ dinner for those warm summer nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment