Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Striped Milkshakes

I think this will be my first real big criticism of a recipe in this book - this is not a recipe. At all. Reading it, I don't know why its included in a cookbook. Yes, I get that it's in the summer section and they might have needed to add the numbers, but I honestly think it would have been better left out.

Striped Milkshakes - buy some strawberry or lime syrup. Pour down the sides of a cup. Add milk. Drink.

Not a recipe.

So I changed it a little. I'm not for buying pre-made syrups full of sugar and nothing good, so I made a Strawberry coulis and used that instead. No lime. Milk should never be green.

If I was being picky I would've strained the coulis to get the strawberry seeds out, but I wasn't. Still tasted just as good. Noah loved it either way.

So did I.


Nice and summery and refreshing. Without all the syrup additives. Better.

2 comments:

  1. did you make the coulis with just the raspberries and some sugar boiled down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Strawberries, but yep Berries, sugar and a splash of water boiled down then hit it with my stick blender. :)

    ReplyDelete