Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken and Haloumi Skewers

This recipe is actually titled 'Chicken, Haloumi and Preserved Lemon skewers', but good luck finding preserved lemon in Dysart!

I love the dishes you can start preparing earlier than dinner time. Makes life a little easier with two kids. I started marinating the chicken and Haloumi in the lemon juice and oil mixture about an hour before cooking time, then off to bath the ratbag.

I only recently discovered Haloumi when I attended a cooking workshop held here by the winners of the first series of My Kitchen Rules. They cooked these awesome Lamb and Haloumi skewers. Then you couldn't buy Haloumi here for the next month with all the people trying it out for themselves. I saw it in IGA last week so was excited to try cooking a cheese that won't melt for myself.

Hubby started eating the dinner that night and was wondering why the chicken was squeaky before I explained it was actually cheese he was eating!

The skewers were really nice. The chicken made tender from its lemon juice bath. We ate them with quinoa for a nice healthy dinner. They were easy to prepare and will probably be made again for our next BBQ.

No photo, sorry. Completely forgot. How about you go buy the book and make some for yourself. :)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment