Thursday, March 1, 2012

Honey Jumble Cakes

These cakes were meant to be cooked in a friand tin, but alas, I don't have one. So instead, I made Honey Jumble Muffins...

I love simple recipes. A bit of flour, a few eggs, melt some honey and butter and combine. Simple.





The muffins turn out so soft and moist from the half a cup of honey in the batter. The honey surprisingly isn't as overpowering as I'd assumed it'd be. Next time though, I'll substitute the 70g of butter for Macadamia Nut oil. A bit kinder on my hips.

Impatient as always, I iced them too early and it lovely honey based using melted everywhere, but still tasted as good. They were still soft and moist three days later in the fridge. How they lasted for three days without being inhaled first, I don't know!






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment