Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fig, Haloumi and Pomegranate Salad

I was all set to make this salad without the Pomegranate as I thought there'd be no way I could find any around here at all. How surprised I was when we got to Coles last week and they had a whole crate of them!!! Score!!

Oh, and I'm officially in love with Haloumi. I made this salad for lunch one day and had to make it again for dinner. The Haloumi....ohmigod. I'm addicted. It's amazing. Like...A-MA-ZING!!! Love it!

The beautiful subtle sweetness to the fig married wonderfully with the crispiness of the fried cheese. The red wine vinegar and juice from the pomegranate added just enough sharpness and complimented the peppery rocket. This is definitely on the regular cards for me. I might just buy a whole crate of Haloumi while I'm at it....



Working on my photography...what do you think? It tasted even better than it looks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment