Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Vanilla Mascarpone Tart with Blistered Plums

I love a good tart.

I also love fruit and sugar and cheese. And this dish marries them all together in a wonderful sugary syrup, so I was just destined to love it.

So so so so easy. A good bit of puff, blister sugar coated plums, sweeten the mascarpone and make the syrup. I have to confess though, the recipe called for brandy to be put into the syrup and I don't have any. And I wasn't going to go and buy a whole bottle just for a few spoonfuls into a syrup, so it was a brandy-less sugar syrup instead.


I sat for about an hour after finishing the tart, just admiring the syrup. Oh. My. God. Just sugar, water and vanilla make this nectar? Why haven't I learned this earlier.....?






And how AMAZING would it taste with Brandy in it!!

I expected the tart to be heavy, being laden with the mascarpone, but the puff seemed to offset it and lighten the texture. The plums were the perfect sweetness, but I suppose almost any fruit could be used if plums were out of season.

And smothered in syrup, anything would taste amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment