Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nectarine Tart with Orange Syrup

I had to go out and buy a tart tin for a few recipes in this book, as I didn't have one, so when going to a friends for an early Easter dinner, I thought I might test it out with this dish.

Really simple, it mimics the blistered plums in the previous dessert dish with a frangipane-like tart filling. I found it odd that it specifies the filling be made in a food processor, rather than a mixmaster, but it worked, so who am I to question it?

I was worried for a little bit about my orange syrup. It didn't thicken as quickly as the sugar syrup I'd previously made and I thought it might not work for me, but it eventually did. I didn't add the dash of orange liquor to the syrup, but I don't think that detracted from the dish much.


I went really well with my morning coffee for the next few days. Nice and light. The orange syrup gave it that 'fresh' taste, and wasn't too heavy.

A lovely tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment