Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Steak and Chips

A while ago I asked Hubby if he'd mind flicking through my Seasons cookbook and telling me recipes he'd like to try soon.

Big mistake.

I quote "Waldorf Salad? That looks like crap!"

Me: "Seriously?!? It's a classic salad!"

Hubby: "Why don't they just keep it simple? Why do people have to make food all....fancy (said with waving fingers and all)? Fish and fennell? Just have fish and chips. Simple"

I want to cook all these wonderful yummy things and my husbands taste buds are permanently set on 'Bland'. Urgh.

So when I found this recipe, I knew I'd hit the jackpot.

Steak and Chips. Deep fried chips, even. None of the healthy fancy oven baked sweet potato chips. No. Full fat, starchy Sebago potatos cut up and deep fried. Apparently, the way it's meant to be.

You could not get an easier, simple recipe. Cut up potato and fry. Keep warm in the oven. Check

Cook steak (rib eye fillet, from memory) on a griddle pan, or a Gorge Foreman grill in my case as that's what I've got, till Medium. Check.

Tuck in. Check.

Even Noah loved the chips!


No comments:

Post a Comment