Monday, July 16, 2012

Grilled Cheesy Leek Toasts

Do you remember a few weeks ago on Masterchef they had the 'Dude-Food' challenge? This is definitely 'Dude-Food'. Leeks. Bread. Cheese. Worcestershire Sauce. Stout (which I left out because on a Sunday arvo I wasn't going to go out and buy a whole can for 1/4 cup of it). I'm sure my ass was growing as I was eating it. It was just carbs and fat.

And tasted awesome.

I love leeks and the sweetness they have that onions don't. They're a beautiful substitute and are the best option for a dish like this. They marry so beautifully with the bechamel-like sauce that's flavoured with the sauce, mustard and copious amounts of cheese (and stout). Then grilled till golden.

Definitely a 'sometimes' food.



Yes, I know they're not the most appealing photos. They're dodgy rushed iPhone pics because the camera battery was flat.

But you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment